APPLY TO RESIDENCY
Our ACGME ID is #1201400650
Interview Selection Criteria
Eligible applicants must submit their applications to ERAS and include the following:
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX Transcript
- At least three letters of recommendation in addition to a Dean’s Letter/MSPE.
- If IMG, ECFMG status report.
Photographs are appreciated, but not required.
Our minimum application criteria are listed below. Applicants must meet all requirements in order to be considered.
1. Graduation from an approved medical school no more than two years prior to the date of projected residency start (July 1, 2023). Note that approved schools are determined by using the California Medical Board’s List of Recognized Schools;
2. Successful completion of USMLE Steps 1 & 2 CK – OR – COMLEX Steps 1 & 2 CE with no more than one failed attempt;
- a. We understand that Step 2 options have been temporarily canceled. Step 2 CS & Level 2 PE requirements are waived until further notice;
3. US. citizenship -OR- be a U.S. permanent resident with a Green card (we are unable to sponsor or accept visas of any kind);
4. If IMG, must have ECFMG certification -OR- be eligible for ECFMG certification immediately after graduation (certification required prior to matriculation);
- a. For more information regarding ECFMG eligibility during COVID-19, please see https://www.ecfmg.org/certification-requirements-2021-match.
1. COVID Vaccination
2. Acceptable Proof of Immunity for: Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Hepatitis B
3. TB testing
4. N95 respirator fit-tested, including Respirator Medical Screening Questionnaire and qualitative fit-testing process
5. Clean Drug screen
6. Criminal background check
APPLY FOR ROTATION
Medical Students and Visiting Residents
Resident Elective Rotations and Medical Student Clerkships at Hawaii Island Family Medicine Residency
The Hawaii Island Family Medicine Residency at Hilo Medical Center offers resident rotations and 4th year clerkships to medical students with a strong interest in pursuing family medicine in Hawaii, as well as 3rd year clerkships for JABSOM medical students only.
Please note that an educational agreement must exist between your medical school and Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. If not already in place, these agreements take many months to complete. Please plan ahead.
No clinical observerships are available at this time.